Friday, January 14, 2011

Sixty Five Days

Till Spring, I think I can make it.
I just placed what is becoming my weekly King Arthur Flour order.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/landing.jsp?go=Home&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand&utm_content=KAF&utm_term=King%20Arthur%20Flour&gclid=CMSBnPvzuaYCFQrt7QodCzRbGg

I am confident in saying I am a good cook, however I am honest enough to say I do not bake well.  The products (especially the mixes) are helping me to improve my baking skills. I believe the reason I have less success with baking is you have to be more patient and precise following direction as a rule I like to use recipes more as a suggestion.

This week my daughter Jessica sent me a copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond, this is right up my alley. Home cooking , real food, beautiful photo's...Hell it even has tips on photography and a good looking man.
It is a perfect fit to my collection, I was already following her blog.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/



Speaking of books I just, moments ago finished reading ;The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food, and Love by Kristin Kimball it was so good. Reading this book I laughed and I cried it was delightful, a story about a couples life together building a farm.

Finishing a book is bitter sweet to me, I don't read many but when I find a good one it is nice to absorb it.
Last week I promised to share a chicken recipe I made, I am going to have to post pone that post.  I decided to enter a recipe Organic Gardening Winter Comfort Foods Recipe Contest with it, wish me luck.

No comments: