Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Winter CSA





YAY I am very happy! Today was the first winter CSA pick up and, it was awesome. I am so thankful to have found a winter CSA. I was very sad when my summer share was up, made worst by the fact Wild Root will not reopen next spring. I have joined Wolf Pine Farm CSA.I am most excited by the 4#carrots,4#potatoes and the Leaks. The apples are local and not perfect, we are going to try with the pork tomorrow,if no good they will go to the horses.
Check out www.wolfpinefarm.com
Community Supported Agriculture
What is Community Supported Agriculture?
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a community of people centered around a farm. CSA shareholders give the farm financial support in advance of the season, and in return the farm provides a weekly share of produce during the growing season. CSA reconnects people to the land that sustains them and builds rewarding relationships between the farmers and shareholders. By joining a CSA, you can participate in preserving a local farm and help foster renewable farming practices that enrich the earth

No comments: