Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday Blahh


Because I work in retail I have no choice but to face "Black Friday" head on. My 15 mile commute to work this morning took twice as long , and each light seemed to double cycle. I am amazed at how many people still choose this shopping ritual as their first choice to kick of the Holiday celebration.When I arrived at the Big Orange Box at 6am ,people were lined up to purchase their shop vacuums and patio heaters.I am not saying that Bob and I wont shop for the holidays, we will. I have one item I am in the market for,for each of my children's homes.If I happened to see them value priced this week end even better .However that confession complete 90% of my shopping is done. I shop starting in September purchasing as things strike me for certain individuals. More than half of my gifts will be home made on our farm or hand made by locals. I just wonder how much love and thought goes into these Black Friday, must have purchases. Does anyone truly have 6 people on their list that want or need shop vacs?I am thankful today that after 3:00 I have two days on my farm with no responsibilities dedicated to retail.This holiday season I am looking forward to decorating my house and barn , sledding with my Team of Belgians and spending time with my family. I challenge you to find something at the mall that is more fun then spending time on my farm with my family (the two and four legged loved ones)

No comments: