Saturday, November 7, 2009

2nd Amendment






The 2ND Amendment of the Bill of Rights: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the Right of the people to Keep and Bear Arms shall not be infringed."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here at Hooves and Hounds Farm we are thankful for the constitution. Today Bob and Bobby taught Keri and I to load and shoot. We are learning the basics of personal protection. When you live on a farm in the woods you become very aware of your surroundings. I wanted to learn to shoot, to protect my self and if need be my farm.Intruders can be unfriendly ,in the form of not only people but fox, porcupine , bear.We believe in live and let live as long as we are not threatened. I have a lot of practice to do but it is a start!

2 comments:

Farmer's Daughter said...

My husband is a hunter, but I don't allow guns in our house because he's a sleepwalker, too. I've caught him standing on the bed and unscrewing lightbulbs, so I'd be afraid to have guns here. He keeps them locked in his parents' house, and when we build a barn I'll let him keep them there. However, he does keep his bow here, and has a bow shooting range in our basement. So if there is an animal to worry about, he'll be able to take care of it. Zoning around here wouldn't allow him to shoot anyway, we're too close to other houses.

From the Country Farm said...

Rock on! I'm not a hunter myself, and had never wanted a gun until about a month ago when I heard t pack of coyotes along our property. I was not scared for me or my family, but concerned about the safety of my livestock.