Monday, April 12, 2010

Dreaming of veggies



Every extra minute is being spent on garden and yard plan,when not caring for the farm and animals. The best thing I have found lately is The Paul Parent Garden Club. I recommend checking it out, the free news letter is very informative. Last week I received free cotton seeds and this week I printed this recipe. I cut and paste it here, when I make it I will give my review.
Using a crock pot, start this recipe in the morning so when you get home from work, dinner is waiting for you!

What You Need:

2 medium russet potatoes
4 carrots
1 small onion
1 can tomato soup
1 lb fondue beef or stewing beef (thawed)
4 bay leaves
5 beef bouillon cubes
Pinch of oregano
Fresh ground pepper to taste


Step by Step:

Peel potatoes and slice into cubes.
Peel carrots and slice into bite-size chunks.
Dice onion.
Place in slow cooker/crock pot in that order.
Add other ingredients in order listed.
Fill crock pot with water leaving an inch or so for steam to build at the top.
Cook on low for eight hours. (You can also omit the potatoes and serve the stew atop homemade baked potatoes, using the liquid as a gravy).
Yield: 4 servings

No comments: