Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dads Birthday







My beloved Father passed away five years ago. I still miss him so much, and really wish he could of seen my farm.
It makes sence that today had sun rain and clouds and more sun, thats how I feel.
He was a gentle Dad.
He was an entrepreneur, and had his own appliance repair business back in the day when you actually called and got your appliances repaired instead of throwing it away and buying a new one, he also did repairs on HVAC. He had some clients who couldn't afford to pay him, so they gave him stuff in exchange for the appliance repair. This is how I got my Victrola.

Growing up our home appliances were often missing parts, because he would take from ours to repair others. He was sincere as sunshine.

He loved Lobster peanuts and pomegranates, he would be very impressed with my 5.00 Lobsters fresh in Maine.

He liked to "putter" I often think of him when I do chores.

He taught me to love old cars and Harley's. On his farm I had my first horse pigs and chickens.

He would've given you his last $20 and the shirt off his back if you needed it.

He had suffered long enough, and although I never wanted to say goodbye, I know he is at peace now and I am glad Nordike Lancer is with him. Did I mention how much I hate cancer?

No comments: