Saturday, January 2, 2010

Two Cheese Braciola w Sunday Gravy






A three day week end of snow, is the perfect excuse to cook!
Friday the First of January I made
two cheese braciola with 'Sunday Gravy"
You purchase a Flank Seak
pound it flat ( I used a rolling pin)
top with 1/4 c Parmesan Cheese
1tsp Basil
1tsp Oregano
Layer of Prosciutto
Layer of Provolone Cheese
Salt and Black Pepper
Olive Oil
roll as tight as you can and secure with butchers twine (I had no twine used a skewer)
Sear outside of rolled steak in oil in heavy pan ( I used cast iron)
Transfer rolled steak to crock pot
De glaze the pan with
3/4 cup wine scraping bits in the bottom to reduce until 1 TBSP.pour into blender
Add 1 can tomatoes28oz diced onion , carrot and celery 4 cloves garlic puree. ( I used hand held blender.
Pour into crock pot cook 4hr high 8hr low
Remove meat to rest
Boil pasta
mix pasta with tomato gravy in crock pot
slice beef serve over pasta sprinkled with Parmesan.

No comments: