Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20th 2010




I am sure we have broken no records and today's snow will not be noted in history,however I have had enough. Enough snow for one week, it has been snowing for four days. The frozen ground makes a strange hollow sound under the hooves of Belgians. Kitty went out in the snow on Sunday evening and returned on Monday afternoon, seance that time he is not very interested in venturing out side. I am cooking on the BBQ, now that I have shoveled a pass but some how it misses the romance and splendor of a summer BBQ. On a positive note we have farm fresh eggs three, yesterday and three today. I have no idea what has boosted the production, the change in food an adjustment to barn life the extra 30 minutes a day of sunlight , what ever it is I am pleased. Lager had farm fresh eggs today with his breakfast.
1985 ( the year Bob and I married)
Cold front strikes U.S., at least 40 die (-27 degrees F (-33 degrees C) in Chicago
2009
Barack Obama is inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States
2001
George W. Bush is inaugurated as the 43rd president of the United States

1 comment:

Spring Lake Farm said...

I just bought a new flock of 21 chickens and am not exactly sure what some of them are. One looks exactly like the 2nd chicken in the photo from the left. Is it a sex-link? I mostly got Ameraucanas, and some Wyandottes but a few of them I'm still guessing.

Hoping you get a break from the snow for a bit.

Sandy