Tuesday, October 27, 2009

October 27th
















Waking up early and doing chores affords you fresh air and time. Getting up and out early also rewards you with beautiful sun rises. These photo's were taken in Maine this morning. As I witnessed this sun rise I thought of my Grandpa Slim who would repeat the old saying "red skies at night sailors delight , red skies in the morning sailors take waning" as well as Bobby's tattoo that has a red ski. It is just starting to rain, 13 hours later. I also thought as the sun rose that today, that October 27th was my parents wedding anniversary. When my Dad passed they had been wed 41 years. I hope we are in love 41 plus years, May will be 25 wed. 41 seems far away. The Farmers Almanac said today:October 27thBake, Cut Firewood, Cut Hair to Increase Growth, Mow to Increase Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Wean, Potty Train, Wax Floors





1 comment:

From the Country Farm said...

beautiful! Usually sunrise is before I get up, it's like o dark thirty!