Monday, March 21, 2011

Worth a peak

Let me start by saying , I know little about this artist (or art in general)
This picture I stumbled on just struck me.
It reminded me of my Avo "Vo" Portuguese for Grandmother
The picture is:
"Babooshka" by


Yulia Brodskaya

Yulia is an artist who works with paper,

creating stunning paper illustations, the image above is quilled.


Still thinking of the picture I looked up "Babooshka" and found nothing but I did find babushka, hmm.

Definitions of babushka on the Web:




•a woman's headscarf folded into a triangle and tied under the chin; worn by Russian peasant women

wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn



•a usually triangularly folded kerchief for the head (scarves)

www.apparelsearch.com/glossary_B_Textile.htm



•Grandmother, in Russian.

www.sofiajaved.20m.com/glossary.html

No comments: