Saturday, April 11, 2009

Soups on











This year I made a couple of commitments to my self, regarding change. One was to waste less, in rearguards to energy and food. The state of the nation has caused me to think about security, family, waste and what we can and can not change. I love to cook,eat and to entertain, in the past this has resulted in large grocery bills and much waste. I am working to waste less without sacrificing taste. As a result of this today I made a soup, that I thought was worth sharing.




I only had to purchase two ingredients for this, every thing else was in the pantry.




Sausage and Kale Soup




In a large oven safe pan add olive oil diced onion diced potato/skin on salt and pepper bay leaf 1lb each sweet and hot sausage,removed from skin and 1c broth.




I used turkey as we had a turkey last week and I made stock




this cast iron dutch oven I bought at Carbellas/I Love It




cover and bake 350 about 1 hour,




remove from oven dice up sausage to bight size




add 4 more cups broth ,fresh grated nutmeg. Put on stove top to bring to boil/to heat broth




add sliced Kale , heat to taste 15-30 min. Remove top with grated cheese. serve Bob is not a huge soup fan so I also grilled him some sandwiches: grill cheese tomato basil, in the pans cover.

No comments: