Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Clothe$ Line

Lager loving clothes line weather





and a new mascot for the deck


On my wish list has been a new clothes line, if you have been following along year over year, you have heard this request before.

I thought I had found a solution last year with the folding umbrella (50.00$), I was going to use it both in the yard and on the back deck, I thought.
The umbrella clothes line is light weight and easy to assemble, but it flies better than a kite. I have picked up this clothes line at least three times per use.
Last month I found a good temporary solution , at a hardware store for less (12.00$) , it was easy to set up only 1 hook two screws.
I say temporary though because it had a 20 foot max. span , a good solution for one load of clothes at a time.
Today Bob was home, and my wish came true a nice long clothes line, strong and secure, suspended from the second floor deck. No more picking the clothes from the dirt , and no more lugging baskets down stairs.








This is the best Laundry soap recipe I have found, I got it at The Beehive Cottage.

I dissolve the powder in hot water and then wash in cold because I have a front load.
*You can also use Ivory, Castile or PINK Zote bar soap.
3 bars Fels Naptha Bar Soap - each bar is 5 1/2 oz
(IF YOU  USE PINK ZOTE / USE 1~1/3 bars)
4 lbs. Borax
4 lbs. Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
4 lbs. Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
Mix and store in airtight container.
1 to 2 tablespoons per load.

No comments: