Thursday, November 4, 2010

Menu Plan Friday 11/05 -Thursday

Doing Menu plans on Monday, is not working for me. I get paid on Fridays, so I shop on Fridays.I am changing my Menu planning to reflect our true week, this will make it easier for me to plan and shop.

I make a Menu then a shopping list using the template I downloaded and printed free from : http://orgjunkie.com/
This weeks Menu
Friday : Bob gets home late after a long commute this is fast and makes few dishes, yet satisfies him.
Grilled Salmon with Asian Sauce , Carrot and Cabidge Slaw If it snows you can use the George Forman instead of the Grill
Saturday : We have a very full day in the yard and then a feed seminar
Smoky Chipotle Chicken Taco's Started in the crockpot
4 boneless chicken breasts – about 1 1/2 lbs.
1 green pepper, sliced
1 onion, peeled and sliced
(I have baggies full of these in freezer)
1 can Fire Roasted diced tomatoes, drained
(I have used one canning jae of tomatoes with spicey pareka)
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped (WARNING not the whole can, just 1 pepper)
1/4 tsp. liquid smoke
flour tortillas
shredded cheddar cheese
lettuce, chopped
Mix all of the ingredients together in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours, take the cover off the last hour or so of cooking or its wet. Serve in tortillas with cheese and lettuce.
You can put one of the left over peppers in the corn bread and freeze the rest ..
Corn Bread/ with extra for breakfast
The Jiffy Box kind works if you want to save time.
Mexican Beans and Rice
2 cans of dark red kidney beans
onion
garlic
oil
1 cup salsa
1 Tbs. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
brown rice, cooked
MORE cheese and sour cream on top.
Pre cook the rice, I LOVE my rice steamer and I substatute stock for water.
Chop up the onion and garlic. I LOVE my Pamperd Chef Garlic Press
Sunday: Less chores, more football
Double Duty Meatloaf / with one for lunches
Two Loafs one now one later
Monday: Long day with lots of work on and off the farm.
Veggie and Beef Stir Fry over rice / extra rice for Lager
Tuesdays: Cold Temps warm, easy , filling..
Tortallini and Sandwich Night
Wednesday: Crock Pot
Crock Pot Chicken Broccoli
Thursday: Potato and Broccoli soup with Cheddar
Extra's for lunch
1 bunch broccoli (I used frozen that I cooked till tender)
2 cups cooked, chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon juice
about 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
Spray/ PAM Crock Pot.Put the chicken in the bottom of a crockpot . Layer the broccoli on top of the chicken. Stir together the soup, mayo and lemon juice. Spread this mixture over the broccoli. Top with the cheese. Cook in a crockpot on low for 4-5 hours/ I start this at lunch 8 hours makes it dry.



No comments: