Thursday, July 22, 2010

summer canning Take II






My second canning session is done YAY.I love canning and what it adds to winter, and gift giving. Can I just tell you also, my kitchen smells sooo good.The smell of this corn relish makes me think Sandwiches,Pastrami.
Corn Relish
6lbs whole kernel corn, or 3 32oz packages of frozen whole corn
(frozen is fine in this because your cooking it anyway)
4 Cups chopped Bell Peppers (can be any color I used green, they are fresh today)
2 Cups chopped Vidalia onions (about two large)
4 Cups chopped red tomatoes (can vary in ripeness)
5 Cups Vinegar
2 Cups Sugar
1/4 Cup Salt
1 Tablespoon Turmeric
1/2 Tablespoon Ground Mustard (the dry stuff)
Combine all vegetables in a large pot I used our lobster pot. Add vinegar, sugar, salt, turmeric, and mustard. Heat to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.

Seal in hot, sterilized canning jars my batch made 13 pint processed 10 min

No comments: