Monday, June 28, 2010

Looking Back





It is Monday, and I am not a huge fan of Mondays. So I am choosing to reflect on the week end. We had a crazy, bizzy weekend that included allot of work and chores around the farm, and much of what we love horses, food and friends.Saturday morning we (in the immortal words of my Father)"puttered" Bob and I both did some barn chores, he did errands and I did house work, together we attended an Estate Sale.Bob mowed the lawn and leveled the side paddock.At the Estate Sale I purchased an old tool box, some canning jars, a spray can and some textiles(ie:dish towels hankies...) total spend$11.50. Saturday Evening we hosted a BBQ, for horse friends. I made pulled pork, dutch oven chicken, baked beans and corn on the cob friends all contribute with salads and deserts.We all Loved the addition of my new fire pit, in fact Bob tried and could not get people inside.Sunday we tackled more yard chores, Bob mowed the back pasture(brush hog).In the morning we took the Team for a nice leisurely drive(with a bit of a rain shower)the evening we had a bit more company and I cooked some more. All is good , but I hate Mondays!

Check out my tool box, canning jar /flower arrangement and my lavender from my Mom , with the 10 cent hankie.Under the tool box is an old cotton chicken feed grin bag. I am going to feed the Big Boys and get my camera, then I might if not too sleepy post photo's of the boys..

No comments: