Thursday, March 26, 2009

Verdict still out




This morning at 5:45 am I was cleaning the barn , and wondering why the hounds were howling non stop. When I went to investigate, I found a large red tail fox 7' from the kennels . I went up stairs to get the camera and when I came down the fox was eating Minni's hay. Kittie was out and did not seem at all threatened, so I do not think the fox is what treed Pieces. Bob and i think it was a fisher cat or a coyote. When it comes to fisher cats "attacks on domestic cats may be documented, but zoologists suggest a bobcat, coyote, or dog is more likely to kill domestic cats and chickens."


During pursuit, a coyote may reach speeds up to 43 mph (69 km/h),and can jump a distance of over 4 meters (13⅛ feet).
On Monday the coyotes were out back and making lots of noise.

No comments: