Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Good day To Make Whoopie







...Pies






Today has been a raw ,wet day . It has been raining from the time we awoke. Bob and I completed our chores early , and then took a ride to The Home Depot , at the Depot we purchased supplies to make a rain bucket.



A rain bucket seemed like a perfect plan for a rainy day.



When completed the rain bucket will collect rain of the roof for reuse in the raised beds that will host my vegitables this year.



The rain bucket project is on hold.



I thougt I had a source for a collection bucket, George.



However all the buckets George had, have no top they make awsome watering buckets for Belgians , but they do not work for collecting rain.



I now have to find some one who will trade a bucket with no top for one with a top. With out a rainy day project I had to come up with somethin else to do.



Plan B: cook



I made a huge breakfast of home frys and steak n eggs.



We had steak/ chicken and potatoes and roasted veggies for dinner last night when Liz and George visited.



The eggs were farm fresh from a customer of mine, so this was a very economical breakfast.



Then I boiled the balance of the dinner left overs , roasted veggies and chickedn to make a broth for tonights soup.



After the broth was done and the kitchen was clean I putterd around the yard ( as Vue would say), and barn in the rain. I came in with a chill and decided to make whoopie pies.



Bob hates to run the heat so running the oven was a chance to take the chill off.



Bob loves whoopie pies so this is a win win.






Whoopie Pies



2 1/4 c flour



1 1/4 c sugar



1 c cocoa



1 1/2 tsp baking powder



1/4 tsp salt



2/3 c shortening



1 c milk



2 eggs



1/4 tsp cream of tarter



2 tsp vanilla



For the filling



1 c crisco



1 c Fluff



1 tsp vanilla



1 c confectionary sugar



Sift flour sugar cocoa powder salt together in bowl .1



In bowl 2 blend shortening , milk eggs cream of tarter and vanilla mix together for cake batter> spoon onto cookie sheet bake 350 8-12 min while cakes are cooking and cooling make filling.Fill cakes.









It is odd to me that Bob loves these so. When we started dating he visited one day after school and my Mom was baking them and he loved them instantly, however when we first married we were so broke I packed him peanut butter and fluff every day for lunch and he now hates fluff at least in the sandwich form.

No comments: