Friday, December 14, 2012

Counting The Days and The Menu

I am counting the days till the holidays. It will be wonderful to see family, some I have not seen in months, many sense May.
It is going to be a very full week of crafting, cooking and creating as I finish up the last of the holiday gift making and start preparing for entertaining. We will be celebrating the holiday,s both home and away this year (with friends) and away with family.
For travel  I will prepare a root beer pulled pork in the crock pot, with a basket full of crusty rolls. An addition from the farm I look forward to sharing with family and a dish I think will travel well.
At home I will prepare a traditional smoked ham roasted and sliced, baked beans in my Grandmothers bean pot (gifted to me this summer by my Mom) and less traditional but yummy lobster Mac and Cheese. The lobster will be a splurge afforded by the pig being in the freezer waiting to become the center piece.

Working into the holidays this weeks menu is simple, leaving time for crafting etc.

Friday: Steamers, dogs, potatoes n BUTTER
Saturday: BBQ Steak Sweet potatoes
Sunday: Baked Stuffed Shells and Salad
Monday : Turkey Sliders
Tuesday: Baked Chicken Breast and rice
Wednesday: Fish cakes and  Chowder in Bread Bowls
Thursday: Home Made Pizza's
One of the gift's I am preparing is beer bread, with local beer.

No comments: