Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Equinox party


When we woke this morning there was a chill in the air, Fall is on it's way.

In celebration of Fall's arrival I am planning a Fall Equinox Party to be held on the first day of fall.

Fall for 2012 begins in the Northern Hemisphere on September 22, 10:49 A.M. EDT.

It is the summer's great last heat,

It is the fall's first chill: They meet.

–Sarah Morgan Bryan Piatt


The party will be held in and around the barn and I have already sent out the invites to a bunch of horse loving friends ( to guarantee good conversation).
I still have to decide on the main course, I am thinking fish, but am open to idea's.
This is what I have so far:
On The Menu
Roasted Pears and Blue Cheese
Open-Faced Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Sandwich

Ribollita ( a HUGE soup)
?? Some type of Fish and Herb Butter

Apple Crisp

Now I am thinking decorations I found some great insperation at The Pottery Barn




I have a wonderful new scare crow I am trying hard not to set up too early.
My home grown pumpkins have started to fall of the vine, and some have been placed by the front door in all I think we will have 20.

No comments: