Saturday, May 5, 2012

Scallops a re post

OK I have posted this before, however I think it is worth a re post. This dinner is so east and fast but of such quality, you can use it to impress quests. The only down flaw I can find is the price of scallops (about 18.00 a lb).
1 1/2 lbs. Scallops
flour
Paprika
3/4 c white wine
One lemon
2Tbsp. Ovoo
2 Tbsp. Butter
S n P
Clean the scallops and pat dry w a paper towel
Cover each scallop w a coating of flour
Dust with paprika
Heat pan w ovoo and butter use both so the butter will not burn
Cook scallops ( I do two batch's so not to crowd) 5 min then flip cook 3 more min. Do not over cook, the keep cooking when rested.
Remove rest in a covered dish. Add wine and juice from lemon to pan with all the yummy flour/scallop PC's. Reduce by 1/2 and pour over scallops to serve. I always serve with crusty bread or rice to soak up yummy gravey .
PS. I'll post the slaw directions later ( for Anne)



No comments: