Friday, June 17, 2011

TGIF!

I am very much looking forward to the week end ! Here is some of my random thoughts.

First:
 Did you see the huge full moon this week, it was awesome. This time of year I enjoy doing barn chores early in the morning. I like the moments as the moon is setting and the sun is rising. The birds and peepers sing and the air is just cool enough to make you want to keep moving. The moon this week has been so full, its been like having flood lights on, lighting my path. The picture does not do justice because I do not have a try pod, and don't stand still enough.


Gardening by the Moon Calendar from the Farmers' Almanac

June 2011

17th-18th Plant Late Beets, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, And Other Root Crops.

19th-21st Poor Days For Planting. Kill Plant Pests, Spray, Fertilize, Do General Farm Work.

22nd-23rd Favorable Time For Planting Late Root Crops. Also Good For Vine Crops. Set Strawberry Plants. Good Days For Transplanting.

24th-25th Cut Hay Or Do Plowing On These Barren Days.

26th-27th Good Days For Planting Root Crops. Good Days For Transplanting.

28th-29th Seeds Planted Now Tend To Rot In The Ground.

30th Best Day For Planting Root Crops. Excellent For Sowing Seedbeds And Flower Gardens. Good Day For Transplanting.

Second:
I "tweaked" the menu a bit. id week they were predicting rain today and it is beautiful so the fish chowder will be Fish Taco's   http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/fish-tacos-recipe/index.html  I will serve the crab cakes as well.
Last : Jenna over at Cold Antler has challenged her self with 30 days of eating local (see side bar). I did a Eat Local Challenge last year, I like the reminder.
I told you they were random Friday thoughts.

No comments: