Wednesday, June 15, 2011

FUNK

So I've been in a funk.
Sometimes, I get stuck in a funk and can’t figure out why.

This time I have decided to blame the weather. 
 A month or so ago, we had two gorgeous weeks of spring. The temperatures were in the 70s, the birds were singing, the daffodils began to bloom. I caught myself singing as I was working in the paddock.



But, as usual in Maine, cold weather has returned. Last night it felt just like winter. The temperatures were low in the 50s. For days it has been overcast and raining. Last night, for no apparent reason, I caught myself in a funk.
Truth be told lots of things can get ya in a mood, not eating and sleeping well, not taking time for what you love...

I know I have lots to be thankful for so I decided to write a plan to get out of this funk.

1. More music, less news
2. House cleaning , less mess = less stress for me
3. More time grooming the horses, less time rushing around them
4. Day trip , and yard sales
5. Light more candles
6. Longer walks with the dogs
7. Write a menu and invite friends for dinner
8. Take more pictures
9. Buy a new book or magazine
10.Less hurried showers, more long baths
11. Eat better, even when dining alone
12. Excuse myself from negative conversation, lots of this at work
13. Date night with my husband

I've only just started my list and just writing it down helped. What gets you in a funk, and what gets you out?


 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm coming to visit you this weekend!! Would like to make YOU a little something Friday evening. See you soon for some junking, antiques and of course animals. XOXOXO