Thursday, August 12, 2010

SShh, I have a date tonight


I have a secret, I'll tell you but you can not tell anyone! I have a date tonight. I am going star gazing with Mr.Lager Jerrier.The plan is to be paddock side, by 9:00pm, to watch The Perseid Meteor Showers.
Mr. Nickel (aka. Big) and Mr. Jake (aka.Sexy)will be joining us, don't weary they are very good at keeping secrets, I have told them many.
I plan to bring my wool blanket and a bottle of Chardonnay. We will light a fire in the pit ,it has begun to cool down at night.
Check out the info at www.Inside CSMonitor.com: Here is a couple of bites from what they are saying.
Meteor shower August 2010 peak comes early Friday. Emanating from the constellation Perseid, the meteor shower could yield sightings in some locations of up to 75 meteors an hour.First, it's happening during a new moon, which means faint meteors will not have to compete with moonlight for your attention.
Second, Earth will be passing through a denser patch of Swift-Tuttle's dust stream than usual, according to William Cooke, who heads NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office at the Marshall Spaceflight Center in Huntsville, Ala. The main dust stream got a slight stir from Saturn, and we're also running into a patch of material the comet off-loaded in 1479, Cooke explains.
Of course this is all subject to change if I can not stay awake bed time is usally about 8pm. If I make it I will bring my camera,but I will not share my wine!

No comments: